You might be considering opening your own WooCommerce store if you already have an Amazon or eBay store. You might find it overwhelming after all the hard work and investment you have made to get where you are now.
It’s well worth it.
You can even integrate WordPress with an existing Amazon or eBay store so that your business can take advantage of both marketplaces.
These are just a few of the many ways that WooCommerce can help you grow.
1. Increase your income
We all want to maximize our profit margins. Higher margins mean more money at the end of each day.
You are probably familiar with the fees charged by Amazon and eBay for each product you list or sell. The exact amount will vary depending on which subscription plan you have, the products you list, and any promotions that you use. Here’s a quick breakdown:
Shop subscription fees:
- Monthly subscription fees starting at $4.95 per Month
- Listing fees are charged after listing is free for 30 days.
- Final value fees for your product after it sells – up to 10%
If you sell a product worth $100.00, you might have to pay $10.30 back to eBay, and your monthly fee. Although it may seem small, when you consider that you are paying 10% of your income each month to third parties, it quickly adds up.
Amazon charges for professional sellers:
- Monthly subscription fees: $39.99 per Month
- Referral fees vary based on product type, but average 15%
- Variable closing fees for media items – $1.35 per book, movie, video game, etc.
You could pay $15.00 to Amazon for the same $100 product. Plus the monthly subscription fees. This adds up to 15% of your income!
You won’t have to worry about these fees if you start a WooCommerce store. Although there are overhead costs such as hosting and domain names, WooCommerce is completely free. You won’t have to pay any listing fees and a percentage of sales. Expect higher profit margins.
- Magento Pos
- Shopify Pos
- Bigcommerce Pos
- Woocommerce Pos
- Netsuite pos
- Bigcommerce automation
- Shopify automation
2. Keep full ownership
Your business depends on Amazon and eBay’s platforms, technology, executive decisions, and other factors.
What happens when Amazon or eBay closes down your shop? They don’t need to give you a reason. If this is your only source for income, you will be left struggling to find a way to sell your products.
This seems like the worst case scenario. But, consider these options:
- They can increase their prices at any time.
- They could modify their terms and conditions.
- They might change their search algorithms to make it more difficult for customers to locate your products.
A standalone store gives you complete control. No third-party decision is required.
Your own website is a great way to keep your Amazon or eBay store thriving. It will also provide an additional income stream as well as a backup in case things change on the other platforms.
3. Create a brand
It is essential to build a brand for any business. Good branding creates trust, quality and provides an experience. It distinguishes your products and keeps customers returning time after time.
Although Amazon and eBay allow for some customization, is limited in what you can do. Although you can customize images, logos and headers, most stores look the same. It can be very difficult to make yours stand out.
Building a WooCommerce shop allows you to show off your brand’s personality. Use video backgrounds, create photo galleries, highlight team members, tell their stories, add animation and custom illustrations, and build interactive elements. The possibilities are limitless!
Your brand is more than just design. Your customers deserve the best experience possible. You can set up customer service plugins in your store to answer questions and help customers. Social feeds can be integrated to show your products in action.
4. You decide your terms
Although you have some control over the terms and conditions of Amazon and eBay, this is not enough. You are ultimately dependent upon their policies.
You can, for example, decide not to accept returns on eBay. If a buyer claims the item received was not what they expected, eBay will issue a refund.
As a business owner, it is important to make ethical decisions. It is crucial to write accurate descriptions and deliver high-quality products. There are many customers who will take advantage of you and give away your products. You have complete control over all aspects of your replies, shipping and refund policies .
5. Add functionality
While Amazon and eBay both offer basic eCommerce functionality, there are many restrictions. With their expanding extension database, WooCommerce offers almost unlimited possibilities. These are just some of the features that you can add to your WooCommerce shop:
Subscription boxes can be sold. Although Amazon allows subscription boxes, eBay does not currently offer that feature. WooCommerce lets you accept recurring weekly or monthly payments with no signup fees and free trials.
Allow customizations This feature is only available on Amazon, but not eBay. WooCommerce allows customizations of all types. You can create custom t-shirts and add monograms on products. You can add personalization fields such as dropdowns and checkboxes.
Accept a wide range of payment types. You can accept any payment gateway that you want, rather than being limited by Amazon and eBay’s options. Stripe, Square and PayPal are just some of the options available. You can also create custom APIs that allow you to integrate with less-used gateways.
Create a measurement calculator. Set up a pricing calculator that is based on the dimensions, square footage and volume of the user. This is especially useful for flooring, wallpaper, frames and other similar products.
Sell memberships. Create an entire membership program with drip content to tie in to your existing products. You might offer recipe videos every month to anyone who purchases a subscription box for a meal kit.
Keep customers informed. Blogs are a great way to answer questions, communicate with customers, share your stories, give tips and grow your business. WooCommerce uses WordPress so you can immediately start blogging and reach your customers.
6. More effective marketing
A WooCommerce store is standalone and allows you to collect customer information and use it more effectively . Although Amazon and eBay have some marketing capabilities like email marketing, you are limited in what you can do with your marketing materials.
You can send coupons and follow-up emails to customers who have already purchased, but you don’t have any options for those visitors who haven’t made a purchase. It comes down to this Amazon and eBay own your customer data , and you have very limited access.
WooCommerce stores allow you to store data and make use of it for marketing purposes. Here are some ways you can market your products to existing and potential customers.
- Emails to abandoned cart customers. Target ads or emails to people who have added products to cart and then left your website. To increase your chances of them purchasing, offer free shipping or a coupon.
- Remarketing. remarketing ads let you reach past store visitors while they browse other websites. Although Amazon offers a form of Remarketing, it is not as effective as what Google or Facebook offer. You can track visitors to your WooCommerce store and use Google’s and Facebook’s advertising capabilities for targeted ads.
- Cross-sells and Upsells WooCommerce has more ways to cross-sell and upsell your customers. You can automatically suggest related products from individual product pages, your cart, and checkout pages. You can suggest items they have looked at, but not added to their cart.
- Marketing is based on specific actions. For instance, can send emails to customers that contain coupons for products they have previously purchased. To thank customers who have purchased products in the past, you can send them coupons or free shipping codes. This makes marketing more efficient and effective.
- Create Facebook lookalike audiences. Target people who are similar to customers with lookalike audiences. These can be created using your email list, or information you have gathered from the Facebook Pixel.
Accessing more customer data allows you to understand your audience’s preferences and actions. This information can assist you in making decisions regarding pricing, website layouts and product descriptions, as well as product offerings.
7. Gain more loyal customers
Although Amazon and eBay are great ways to gain new customers through their built-in audiences it is much harder to retain repeat customers. These shoppers tend to be loyal to Amazon and eBay first, so it’s not surprising that they are often very loyal.
Customers are always looking for the best deals, especially on eBay. If they find a similar product to yours for a lower price, they will likely purchase it instead. Amazon and eBay send customers marketing emails with recommendations for products that are similar to yours.
Your potential customers won’t be presented with a variety of products when they visit your website. You have the chance to interact with them on an intimate level and share your brand story. They are more likely to appreciate the value of your products, and will be loyal, repeat customers.