If there’s anything those in the online retail world have heard in the previous year, it is that transport is everything. Fast, dependable delivery is a known driver of e-commerce conversion, and that is part of the inspiration behind one of Walmart’s latest releases because of its market sellers, Shipping Templates.
This new tool for vendors offers 60+ easy-to-use templates which allow for custom settings, flexible transit times, granular delivery areas across the usa and helpful reports. These features allow you to specify ideal delivery areas and timelines for any part of your catalogue and meet your business requirements. In a nutshell, customizing your own delivery strategy that works both for the client and your company just got a whole lot easier.
All sellers need to complete migration to Shipping Templates by April 30.
Overhaul your transport plan and boost your conversion
With Shipping Templates, you can go one step beyond simply organizing sending areas based on delivery times and add further definition by catalogue and fulfillment requirements.
Here are a few situations:
Templates for Expedited Shipping program participation
Back to where we began — fast delivery is vital for successful e-commerce operations. Walmart encourages sellers to enable faster delivery options by providing a boost in Purchase Box and search results for items that ship in a couple of days. In actuality, products engaging in TwoDay Delivery on average watch a whopping 50% increase in conversion.
But for smaller Walmart Marketplace sellers, offering expedited delivery nationwide can be challenging. Shipping Templates enable you to combine the best of two worlds — engage in expedited transport apps regionally where you can send in a couple of days using affordable ground shipping choices. As an example, for Walmart ThreeDay Delivery it is possible to specify a standard method using two transport rules — one using a three-day transit period in certain areas near your warehouse and another one using a five-day transit period for areas farther out.
Templates for different SKU types on your catalog
Your catalog is probably composed of smaller things and some rather large bulk items. Shipping Templates allow you to diversify your shipping techniques and provide quicker delivery for the smaller things by assigning them to a single template, while developing another template with Standard or Value transport for the bulkier items.
Templates for warehouses/fulfillment facilities
If you fulfill orders from several warehouses in various areas, Walmart thought about your situation too. You can now set up templates for every fulfillment center and cut back on delivery times in these regions (and possibly nationwide) by grouping SKUs by place (also called nodes). Granularize your delivery choices based on these places and provide TwoDay or ThreeDay nationwide using ground shipping solutions and customized templates.
Complete your custom Shipping Templates installation in three simple steps
Now that you have got some thoughts about organizing your templates, it is time to begin with your installation and build a robust delivery configuration.
Measure #1: Migrate to Transfer Templates
To begin, you’ll have to migrate to Transfer Templates within Walmart’s Seller Center — a fast and easy procedure with a few basic measures.
- Navigate to the Shipping Templates page in the General Settings menu.
- Complete the migration.
- All former shipping settings will be automatically moved to what is called the Default Template, except any overrides. Shipping overrides, which can be exceptions in International Shipping Settings, won’t migrate to the Default Shipping Template and some other settings by shipping overriders won’t work.
- After migration is complete, edit and manage the delivery rules for the Default Template as necessary, which will apply to all items not assigned to a custom template. If the items that you sell are uniform, then you might need only 1 template to apply the identical shipping settings to the whole catalog.
Measure #2: Customize your installment in Walmart’s Seller Center
This is where you can get creative and personalize your installation according to your fulfillment system, expedited delivery program participation and assortment requirements.
When you add a new habit shipping template at Seller Center, first pick a Shipping Rate Model (by weight or by price). After that, configure transport rules for Value, Standard, and TwoDay shipping methods specifying delivery areas, transit time and speed. Repeat this procedure to add more templates and bear in mind that you always have the option to disable a custom made shipping template or edit the settings as required.
PRO TIP: Selecting a three-day transit time to your typical delivery method enables ThreeDay Delivery application to your products and provides them a Purchase Box boost.
Measure #3: Map SKUs to Transfer Templates from the ChannelAdvisor portal
You’ll have to complete this final step in the ChannelAdvisor portal. Map Particular groups of SKUs to each template after these steps:
- You may need Shipping Template ID(s) to map your SKUs to respective templates. First, find the habit Shipping Template ID at Walmart Marketplace’s Seller Center. Under preferences, pick Shipping Templates under the Shipping Profile heading in the Seller Center settings menu, which will open the Seller Fulfillment Settings dashboard.
- Visit the custom template You Want to use and locate the Shipping Template ID alongside the Shipping Template name.
- Then, map the Shipping Template ID(s) to your item(s) on the Walmart template in ChannelAdvisor by choosing Sell > Walmart Marketplace > Template. The Shipping Template ID field can be found under the frequent tab, under Core.
Enjoy configuration reports with easy-to-access Details
Ultimately, Shipping Templates have configuration reports which make it easy to keep tabs on your setup, however advanced. Download these reports in Walmart Marketplace’s Seller Center to immediately see where SKUs are assigned at any given time.